Last summer, I had the pleasure to see Tool in concert at the Hellfest festival, and that really was awesome for multiple reasons:
- The musicians are technically very skilled, being in studio as well as on stage.
- The show is centred on the music and the visual light effects combined together to create a very mesmerizing performance.
- They even ask the public not to take pictures or videos to enjoy the moment as one that must be lived and felt, rather than watched later on a small, inhuman screen.
- The sound tuning was just perfect, and I don’t remember being at a metal show with that many people able to listen to the music without their ear protection. Thank you Hellfest for that!
- They played some of their new titles that weren’t released yet at the time.
Of course, going to another show now would probably fulfil only the three first points in my list, but I find them far good enough to recommend Tool for your next concert!